Coconut Shell Bowl
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our Coconut Bowls come from reclaimed coconut shells after their flesh is pressed into extra virgin coconut oil. Nothing wasted.
These bowls are environmentally responsible, reusable and fair-trade. Our bowls are finished with coconut oil to hydrate, seal and make them shine, no nasty chemicals, lacquers or glues.
Use your bowls at breakfast, lunch, dinner or for snacks but recommend not to use them with anything piping hot.
- Polished – Smooth texture on the outside with a polished smooth finish on the inside.
- Each bowl is unique and generally range between 12-14cm in diameter with a depth of around 6cm. Each bowl holds approximately 600ml.
Coconut bowls are long lasting and durable when a little care is taken.
- Hand wash in lukewarm soapy water
- Regularly rub extra virgin coconut oil to hydrate, seal and restore shine to your bowl (every 10 uses or so)
- Do not soak your bowl for long periods
- Do not use in the dishwasher, microwave, oven or freezer as they may crack
Note - Being a natural product each bowl may have minor imperfections.
As a Social Enterprise, 100% of profits from Niulife products are put back into the Solomon Island communities via their charitable trust the Niulife Foundation.